Our 2020 Summer Trip is the LeaderTreks Adventure Camp to Kentucky.
Applications and Deposits are due on Sunday October 27th or Wednesday, October 30th. Students will be able to apply for this trip after these dates, but students who join the trip at this time will have a head start on fundraising and guarantee their spot on the trip once they go through the interview process.
About Adventure Camp:
Adventure Camp is a unique, excitement-filled, week-long camp experience that will be the thrill of a lifetime for your students. Through a variety of daily adventure activities and teachable moments, they’ll learn what it means to be daring disciples of Jesus. Its days and nights are spent in the outdoors learning what it means to take risks, to truly step outside of your comfort zone, and ultimately follow Jesus with your whole heart. Adventure Camp is a 6-day camp experience that challenges you to experience the thrill of following Christ. You’ll engage in different adventure activities each day, along with a day of service, all while learning what it means to be a daring disciple of Jesus. We invite you to join the adventure. We invite you to be daring.
Activities and experiences include: “Be Daring” Sessions, Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Service Outreach, Low Ropes, Camping, Hiking, and a Backpacking trip.
Students will learn multiple inductive Bible study methods and grow through application, grow in ability to work and lead in teams, enhanced understanding of group’s purpose and mission while fostering unity, team building activities, leadership principles, Tasks and Traits of a Leader, basic backcountry camping skills, cooking, campsite management, gear care, low impact camping & stewardship, bike care, basic maintenance, shifting, braking principles, trail riding skills, basic kayaking paddle strokes, wet exit, river safety, rolling, and bracing, and gain a vision of how God is working in the local community and participate through service.
The cost for the trip is $369 + gas cost for the bus + meals on travel days.
A $100 deposit will be due on Sunday, October 27th or Wednesday, October 30rd.
Per LeaderTreks Guidelines, students who sign up for the trip will fill out an application and go through an interview with a leader to allow us to get a feel where students are at spiritually and how this trip suits them.
Here are the LeaderTrek Trip Expectations:
- We expect that participants are growing Christians. Implicit in this is:
- Participants have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and desire to obey and serve Him as Lord.
- Participants have learned that spiritual growth doesn’t come without personal effort or sacrifice and will be willing to do 45 minutes of devotions every morning.
- Participants realize that the Lord might be planning to teach them some valuable lessons on patience, endurance, love, self-control, loneliness, conflict management or any number of other issues in their lives.
- We expect that participants are learners. Implicit in this is:
- Participants will have opportunities to learn, but they will have to assume the responsibility for learning.
- Participants have a teachable spirit and respect the teaching of others out of humility.
- We expect that participants are willing to serve. Implicit in this is:
- Participants have developed a servant’s heart and understand that service is not a once-a-year event.
- Participants serve their teammates with the same joy they derive while serving others.
- We expect that participants are willing to suffer. Implicit in this is:
- Participants will maintain a positive attitude as they may experience inconveniences.
- The Lord may use difficulties during this short-term trip to form important life values in participants.
- We expect that participants are open to the Lord’s guidance. Implicit in this is:
- The Lord wants participants to be part of an ongoing ministry through their church when they return home.
- The Lord may want participants to reprioritize values and activities in their lives.
- The Lord may want participants to serve in ministry as a volunteer or vocationally throughout their life.
- We expect that participants have people praying for them. Implicit in this is:
- Participants have developed a prayer team and have informed them of their needs.
- Participants will follow up with their prayer team on how God worked in their lives.
- We assume that each team member understands what is to be expected of them. Implicit in this is:
- Each participant has read the LeaderTreks Standard of Conduct and agrees to follow it.
- Each participant understands the Level of Required Fitness for their trip and the physical challenges they will face. (To find the Level of Required Fitness for your trip, refer to the Risk and Liability Waiver.)
- Each team member accepts responsibility for their contribution to the team and agrees to fully participate in all team activities.
We look forward to working with our 2020 Summer Trip Team as we prepare and believe for a life-changing and generation impacting trip and experience!
You can view the promo video for the trip by clicking on the link below:
2016 Recap Video!
Recap of our 2015 Mission Trip to Staten Island, New York!